MY REASON FOR THE TRIP

I have been thinking of something good to do for people in need, for somebody who is less fortunate than us Western creatures who live in total luxury. After reading an article about The Highlander Orphanage in Kathmandu, I picked that to be my project. I am going to raise money for the kids in an orphanage in Nepal. Now the challenge comes. HOW? ? First I am going to give them some of my time. I have decided to volunteer at the orphanage for 2 months to make it more real for me, to go out of my own comfort zone to see what life is really like there and not as a tourist. By doing that I hope others will contribute in different ways. My goal is to raise as much as possible to make a better life for kids who would live in total poverty if not for the help from others.


Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Hey I am back

I know you all know I have been back for almost 3 weeks now.
Denis and I had an amazing but extremely hot time in India 46C, we did the Golden Triangle after sight seeing in Delhi for one day almost passing out from the heat, so to Agra to see the famous Taj Mahal and to Jaipur, very interesting old City, but I have now seen Palace's, Temples, Museums,  Mosques, Monasteries, Heritage sites, Towers, Statues, Forts, Ruins  and Old  Buildings enough to last me a lifetime:-)
Wow this was  truly a trip to remember I can't tell you how much I loved it. I miss everybody back there a lot,  especially all the beautiful  kids, I wish so much I could visit them all the time, they were so sweet to me, and to see their amazing smiles and appreciation for the smallest  things I did for them.
As for fund raising I am trying  to figure out other projects in Nepal where I can help a bigger group of kids. I will work on something for sure but for now this is my last post, so thanks for tagging along on my  most amazing journey!!!!  I will add a few more pictures though

Namaste
 Inger

No comments:

Post a Comment